Buffalo chicken dip is one of those magical foods that I loved making before keto and I was happy to learn when I was crunching my macro numbers that I really didn’t have to change a thing to keto-fy it! It’s just… keto! As is! How amazing is that? Of course instead of crushing a bag of tortilla chips with it, I now eat this with celery sticks. But honestly, this dip is so good that when I run out of celery I eat it with a spoon. I promise you, it’s so good. It doesn’t matter what the vessel is as long as buffalo chicken dip gets in my mouth I am a happy girl.
It’s super easy to make, as long as you have your chicken pre-cooked it really comes together in a snap. I’ve even picked up a rotisserie chicken and used that in this recipe before. As if you ever need an excuse to pick up a rotisserie chicken, they are amazing and you can stretch those babies SO FAR it’s incredible. But in any case, I used to make this as a party food for when I had company over but now I make it as a weeknight dinner sometimes when I need a mood booster. If I want to chill out on the couch and play video games after work this is a great dinner because it’s snacky and it feels super fun but the macros are really pretty good. Assuming you don’t eat the whole dish by yourself, which embarrassingly isn’t that hard to imagine once you’ve tried it. So whether you’re hosting a party or wanting a fun snacky meal I highly recommend this dish, it’s one of my holy grail all time favourites that I know will be a staple in my house for all time.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 Tbs sour cream
- 4 Tbs ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce I use Frank’s
- 2 small chicken breasts or 1 large
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees
- In a stainless steel or non-stick pan or small pot, heat the cream cheese over medium heat until it soften, gently stirring it to help it along
- Add in the sour cream, ranch dressing and buffalo wing sauce and stir until mostly smoothy and combined (some small lumps of cream cheese may remain, it’s ok!)
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken
- Pour the mixture into an oven safe vessel, I use an 8 inch cake pan lined with foil for easy clean up
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese on top
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly
- Turn the oven to broil for 2-5 minutes until cheese is nicely browned
- Place the hot dish on something like a tea towel to protect your table top and enjoy with assorted crudite!