Fat bombs are a keto staple, and let’s be real, you can have a lot of fun with them too. These chocolate chip cookie dough inspired fat bombs do have a healthy dose of full-fat cream cheese in them so they’re not exactly like scrounging the bottom of the bowl of your favourite chocolate chip cookie dough but they’re pretty darn close. I keep mine in the freezer, it reminds me of a chocolate chip cookie dough/ice cream treat hybrid. You could keep them in the fridge as well, but I would recommend setting them in the freezer (especially if you’re using any sort of mold to shape them).
I also played around with the look of these fat bombs. I tried putting them in little silicone molds like these ones and they were pretty cute! I also like the raw ball of cookie dough looking ones too. You can portion them however you want depending on your macros, and make them bigger or smaller for whatever your needs are.
I think the key to this is the Surkin Gold. It’s an amazing brown sugar substitute and I’m obsessed with it. The mix of the white and brown sugar substitute gives it the real cookie dough like quality. I also think that the Lily’s sugar-free chocolate chips are a godsend. They’re not cheap compared to their sugary counterparts but that’s part of the keto life that I really had to accept when I started in on it. Drop a comment below if you have any other brown sugar substitute that you love, I’m always on the lookout!
- 6 Tbs softened butter
- 5 Tbs softened cream cheese
- 2 Tbs powdered or granulated erythritol (I used powdered Swerve)
- 2 Tbs of brown sugar substitute (I used Surkin Gold)
- 3 Tbs of sugar-free chocolate chips (I used Lily's)
- Cream the butter and the cream cheese until fluffy (a minute or so)
- Add the sugar substitutes and cream for a minute or so
- Give it a good scrape around the edges of the bowl and cream for another 30 seconds
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Drop in 1 Tbs balls onto a silpat or a parchment lined pan, or press into silicone molds
- Freeze for 2 hours
- Keep in the freezer or in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy