Am I going overboard on pumpkin? Am I? You can be honest. I probably am, but I have no regrets because pumpkin is delicious, seasonal, and really good for you. So I will keep this pumpkin train rolling, and these pumpkin biscuits are a great way to incorporate some pumpkin into your life without being TOO pumpkiny. The flavour is subtle, it’s more about the texture of the biscuit – which, might I add, is very biscuit-y. Hard and slightly dry on the outside but soft and moist on the inside. It’s perfect for dunking into soup, or laying under a soft poached egg. The biscuits are a nice size as well, and coming in at only 2 net carbs per biscuit I think they are quite satisfying given how low carb they are.
In true Weekly Scoop fashion, these are incredibly simple. They have a short ingredient list and don’t require a lot of prep at all. They bake for about half an hour and the hardest part is waiting for them to be done. And grating the cheese, if you’re not using the pre-shredded kind (I very rarely do, I have to get my arm workout in somehow!). No mixer is necessary, and you can throw together the dough in the time it takes to preheat the oven. If you, like me, are not yet tired of all pumpkin everything I highly endorse this recipe to go with your next batch of soup or chili. It will add something special to the meal, and give you an excuse to pick up another can of pumpkin!
- 1.5 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbs coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs melted butter allow to cool slightly
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- lots salt and pepper
- Combine all the dry ingredients and set aside
- Combine all the wet ingredients and mix in with the dry, I use a spatula, to form a wet dough
- Divide the dough in half, and use each half to form 4 biscuits
- Place the biscuits on a silpat or a parchment lined baking sheet and baking for 25 minutes until slightly golden and a little cracked on top
- Enjoy fresh out of the oven or store in an airtight container in the fridge for the next day!